DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Michael
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. Thursday, 14 December 2017
Hi.. Hope anyone can help me.

Bought a DTX-multi 12 a few weeks ago and today I bought the Yamaha HH65 controller.
I use it as a portable small drumkit and I customize the sounds and pads as I like it the best right now.

My Hihat pad is on pad 7 and I can’t figure out how to make the pad react with the pedal as a normal hihat. The pedal works and make a normal sound when I step on it but have no effect on the hihat pad. I looked in the manual and tried a lot of settings but I cant find anything that explains how to make it work with a pad.

Looked around the web but I can’t find the information.

Thanks for your help //Michael
  Tyresö, Sweden
Visit 
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Have a look through the manual for layer switch and set it to hi-hat on the pad you've chosen,
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
A little bit of the same issue here. I managed to connect and mke the HH65 react properly but I cannot get it to ‘shut’ the Open hihat sound when I press the pedal. I know it’s doable because on the factory set kit it does it, but I just can’t find the setting that connects the pressing of the pedal to the stopping of the open hih hat sound. If I check ‘midi key off’ then it shuts the sound after a preset period of time, so that’s not the solution. Any thoughts?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Make sure your HH65 is plugged into the HH CTRL input. And that the hi hat function is set to "hi-hat" on the KIT7-3 settings page.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.