DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Gaylon
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. Thursday, 18 January 2018
So, I bought a "new to me" 750k. Of course the previous owner said it worked perfectly. Was in pieces when I bought it, why not trust him!? My bad. I set it up, all of the triggers sound like they should but the kick-kp65 and the snare -xp100s. Both of them come in lower volume and sound like they have a "hall effect" very hollow sounding. When I turn them up a bit I get a harsh triggering noise. the snare in particular sounds like it just triggering a snare wire sound, the cross stick trigger is very low volume and doesn't really have much of a wooden click-just a snare wire sound. I have tried moving the cables, using the xp80 pads in place of the 100. I reset the module, I updated the firmware. Is it a bad connection in the module? Any insight would be appreciated.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
OK - so if you've updated the firmware then you've done a factory reset.
Are the trigger settings correct for the kick and snare?
Are you using stereo or mono cables?
Have you plugged, say, a tom pad into the kick input and tested? Ditto the snare input....
What are you using to listen? Have you tried something else?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Well, I was able to get the drum kit home to my studio to continue the troubleshooting. First thing was to try a different set of headphones. And, REALLY!, that was my issue. CRAP! After trying different cables, different ports, different settings. It was the perfect combination of the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter and the earbuds that i tried at first. Different earphones/same adapter-no problem. Different adapter/same earbuds-no problem. I think i lost a year off my life trying to figure this out last night, and was the stupid earbuds/adapter. It was bizarre that only 2 voices out of the kit were changed, the toms and cymbals all sounded perfect but the snare and kick were altered.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Cool. Glad you sorted.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
So glad I found this. I was having the same problem and it turned out to be related to the proprietary cable that comes with Audio Technica's ATH-M50xBT headphones. Inserted one way, the sound is fine. Inserted the other way I got the same issue Gaylon had. The cable ends look identical so I'm not sure why it matters but it does. I too wasted hours trying different cables, adapters, etc. only to try switching the cable direction and have it all work out. Thank you!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.