DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. tony
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. Tuesday, 19 June 2018
Hi,
I downloaded Yamaha’s 30 free kits,perfect
I then downloaded
Yamaha’s Pnx kit but can’t get any sound although I have an extra cymbal and that has sound
I checked kit volume and that’s ok
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ps all volumes were at 80% during procedures
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Update,
I now have sound to pnx kit,but,have now lost all my 30 free kits,
I have reloaded 30 free kits in all good but do not have the pnx kit,
It appears I can only have access to all 30free kits or just the pnx kit
As when I try to load the pnx kit as a single kit as described in instructions it loads but no sound although I still have access to all 30 free kits,which work great,
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
yes, you can only load one alldata kit at a time. so it's one or the other.
I was first going to suggest your problem with the phoenix kit was to make sure that your module actually has sticks of RAM installed. They never used to come with Ram in the slots and you had to add it, or else it seems like its loading, but the sounds won't be there and all you will get are the sounds that are in the module - mostly rim clicks from the tom outer trigger areas.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thanks J
I have the 900m so ok there,
I’m convinced there must be a way to have access to all kits without having to go through reloading content from usb,
But when I do reload 30 free kits takes seconds to add to where as pnx kit takes 4 minutes,just doesn’t make any sense
Apart from that,kits sound fantastic.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
the difference is the Phoenix kit is loading 50 MB of multi layer samples directly recorded from real drums and cymbals, where the 30 kit pack is just fine tuned versions of built in sounds, so no samples to load. I use a slightly modified version of the Phoenix kit and it sounds amazing. I've got pretty much every sample kit they've published and it's the best in my opinion. If you want to find another good sounding kit, go to vexpressions.com, they made some custom kits for the DTX900. The DW kit is really nice and worth the purchase. I never use any of the onboard kits anymore.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Thanks J,for heads up,I know that all the 50 Yamaha kits are samples,and that 30free kits are tweaks,of these,much like you and I could do building our own kits from these original samples,and so much more,I think I’m correct in saying that the vexpressions kits are also tweaks of the dtx extreme module,
May I ask about your modified phx kit,and how it differs from original,I’m on the never ending learning curve,
Also I’m still looking into loading kits,I have not yet saved kits on module to usb before I put phx kit on,although 30 free kits are on usb,as is phx kit is but in separate files,
I have to say also that mimic pro are all samples,looks like an amazing module and user friendly,I’ve been trying to find out if tunning knobs will function with mimic pro,as the module is compatible but no conformation on tunning knobs,
I’m starting to think that would be a perfect combination, and probably best e kit world wide.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I didn't do a big change to my modified PHX kit. I changed the Ride to one of the built in ones, I just found it too bright and washy. I also added cowbell and a vibra slap samples to the high tom rim triggers. One of these days I'll tweak the lower tom triggers to having congas I think.

I doubt the Mimic Pro can work with the knobs on the pads. Honestly the DTX900, despite being pretty old now, is still very competitive. Honestly the next step up in sound would be midi into a laptop and superior drummer or one of the other similar programs. You could do that for not alot of money. Great for home, but less helpful for live shows.

yes the VEX kits are tweaks to built in sounds. But they are good.

I don't know if these links still work, but the Ocean Way kits from here are good too.Takes a long time to load, its got tons of samples in it and sounds really great.

http://www.dtxperience.com/dtxpansion.php

Also some more kits here:
https://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/drums/el_drums/drum_kits/dtx900_series/extra_contents.html#product-tabs
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Thanks for links,
To be fair this yam kit is the best out there ,I’ve had roland kits for 9 years,I bought this 5 mths ago,never went back on to my TD 30,sold it recently,I had all the vex kits on that they made a huge difference to cymbals,but still poles apart from yam module,I’m sure that’s why it hasn’t changed since new dtx heads come out in 2009-10,still is best e kit out there
when I bought this one I updated firm where to latest version,made a big difference,
But that mimic pro offers state of the art sampling and it looks very user friendly,on yams module all sampling is 16 bit,on mimic its 24 bit,which makes a big leap in sound quality,
Your right again about 900 module it still is top of the range,as it offers digital out,mimic pro doesn’t ,
All being said I just want to drum and this kit is the dogs danglies,
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
where can i get the free 30 kits for yamaha dtx-900/xtremeIII and/or PHX kit? thank you.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
where can i get the yamaha 30 free kits and PHX kit? thanks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
sorry for double posts :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
30 free kits

you can get them here.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 12
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.