DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. pjfk
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. Monday, 30 July 2018
Hi there,

I just bought a new iPad 2018, 9,7', MR7F2FD/A (iOS 11.4.1) in order to finally be able to use the m12 touch app, but it is not connecting. i wired everything using a ligthning to usb camera adapter and a printer usb-cable and put midi configurations 6-9 midi in/ort on „USB“. But the app does not connect. i already switched off the USB restricted mode on the ipad, which helpded with other USB/MIDI devices. but the multi 12 does not respond. :( a factory reset also did not help...

can anyone help me?

thanks so much!
  Germany
Visit 
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm also in the same position but with iOS12 ...... Help!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I am suffering the same issue! Any solution for it?
HELP!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone, I’ve been having the same problem. My wife’s iPad (2017) works fine, but mine is an iPad Pro with the “C” type connector. I ordered a generic brand USB to C cable and it doesn’t work. I checked with Yamaha and they said it may be because it is not an official Apple connector. I just ordered a certified Apple USB to C connector .. should have it in about two days and will try it. I’ll replay back. By the way, when using my wife’s 2017 iPad, the app works perfect .... I just need to spend a lot of time with it experimenting.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
So I’m replaying to my own comment above. I ordered a certified Apple USB to C adapter to connect my 2018 iPad Pro to the Multi 12 App. I do get the green connect light signifying that the devices connect but any changes that I make on the app don’t transfer to the DTX Multi 12. If I use my wife’s 2017 iPad that doesn’t utilize the newer lightning C connector, it works just fine. I guess I’ll just have to use hers until the newer iOS or Yamaha updates the app.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Thanks for sharing your findings :)

I would like to think Yamaha would update the apps (and, indeed, release some much called for Android ones!), but at the moment, it seems they can't even be bothered to get an intern to keep this forum clean of spam and answer a few questions. So I don't hold out much hope.

(sorry I can't help, I don't "do" Apple!)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.