DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. DiMaxKievUA
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. Thursday, 25 July 2019
Hello to everyone! Last week I've just bought Yamaha DTX402K. I read that with the help of MusicSoft Downloader I can load my own music into the drum module. And the problem is that the soft doesn't see the drums. I tried different USB port, cabels - and nothing changed. I have Win10 64-bit, with all drives installed (including Yamaha Steinberg driver).
Could you help me to fix this problem?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I believe Musicsoft Downloader is not compatible with your module (DTX402) because that's what I have on my DTX452K and it is not compatible, too. For more details, see Please see this thread.

You can load MIDI songs, one file at a time, by means of the DTX402 Touch mobile app connected with the proper cable and adapter from a mobile device to your DTX402 module.
References
  1. https://yamahadtx.com/forum/q-on-maximum-number-of-midi-files-that-can-be-downloaded-into-the-dtx402
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Georger wrote:

I believe Musicsoft Downloader is not compatible with your module (DTX402) because that's what I have on my DTX452K and it is not compatible, too. For more details, see Please see this thread.

You can load MIDI songs, one file at a time, by means of the DTX402 Touch mobile app connected with the proper cable and adapter from a mobile device to your DTX402 module.

Thank you for your reply! I've done all that you mentioned in those thread, but when I load the song to my drum module and push the "Song" button - nothing happens. The button does not shine. What's wrong?
I think the problem is in music file. What program did you use to convert the song?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
DiMaxKievUA wrote:
Thank you for your reply! I've done all that you mentioned in those thread, but when I load the song to my drum module and push the "Song" button - nothing happens. The button does not shine. What's wrong?

I don't know :( It worked on my module, and as far as I know it's the one and only documented, supported way to load songs. I suggest you contact Yamaha for help.

DiMaxKievUA wrote:
I think the problem is in music file. What program did you use to convert the song?

There was no need to convert because I obtained my MIDI file from Yamaha MusicSoft. I signed up for their newsletter and got a free song as a reward.
References
  1. https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/catalog/category/view/id/4/?artist[0]=1697
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Georger wrote:

DiMaxKievUA wrote:

I don't know :( It worked on my module, and as far as I know it's the one and only documented, supported way to load songs. I suggest you contact Yamaha for help.

DiMaxKievUA wrote:

There was no need to convert because I obtained my MIDI file from Yamaha MusicSoft. I signed up for their newsletter and got a free song as a reward.

Are there any other ways to convert the songs? Because on that site all songs are NOT for free!!! I don't want to sing up for sth.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
DiMaxKievUA wrote:Are there any other ways to convert the songs? Because on that site all songs are NOT for free!!! I don't want to sing up for sth.

Sorry, I have yet to convert any songs. A quick Google search with the terms "convert from mp3 to midi" brought up several results, but I don't know if those are legal or work well.

And yes, the site is commercial.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
"convert from mp3 to midi"

is like making eggs from omelettes. Sort of possible and you can get some iffy results depending on the source material. Don't expect miracles.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX402 Series
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.