DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Niklas
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. Tuesday, 03 December 2019
Hi!

I just bought a DTXM12 and are trying to connect it to my Ipad. I got a lightning to USB adapter and then a cable to the DTXM12. When I connect it I dont get the green light in the right corner in the app DTMX12 Touch. Is there something more I need to do?

Regards!
/Niklas
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I got it solved!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Great! If you don't mind, can you share what you think the issue might have been? And how you solved it! Just curious.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I assume it was uploading or downloading the kit to or from the ipad which requires you to press the icons on the ipad screen. The kits only load automatically if you switch kits on the Ipad. It took me a few minutes to work this out as well.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Seems there are quite a few owners of the M12 with Yamaha's App and problems using it to the full or even not at all.

This should be fun as I have just bought the M12 with the idea of controlling its depths with an ipad , the App was the tipping point for buying it. Now I see endless problems as usual with yamaha and there Apps .

All I see is conflicting spec's and a suck it and see attitude from Yamaha about it all ... ie check the app store for details on whats compatible with Yamaha's own App ? your own risk.

So which ipad with what ios as it doesn't work with all of them , originally it said one os and now it says ios 12 and all I hear are people with problems which might not seem to be a problem if you already have an ipad but I have yet to buy a second hand one. :D

Then there is the cost of IUX1 midi cable ......... its about time to SCREEM !

What fun I have to come over the next few weeks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hey Steve, sadly the situation with M12s are definitely not ideal. With how old of a product it is in the first place, then with the app being only on iOS and of course the few issues with the app itself. Recently I came across a weird issue in the trigger type settings that came up after the most recent app update. Just hope it gets fixed real soon.

You don't need to have an IUX1 cable to use the app with your M12, you will simply need a $13 cable like this one - USB B to Lightning Cable

Or just use a regular printer cable (Type-A to Type-B) with a Type-A to Lightning/30 pin adapter, depending on what iPhone you are using.

Please update us if you run into any issues with your new M12!! We're all here to try and help.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.