DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Ron
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. Tuesday, 04 February 2020
When hitting the bow, the sound is low, no matter how hard you strike it. Hitting the edge or bell produces very loud sounds no matter how light you strike them.
Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

1. Swapped cymbal pads
2. Swapped cables
3. Updated module firmware
4. Restored module to factory defaults
5. Adjusted the volume and velocity settings

I'm inclined to think the module is having issues. The only thing I haven't done is to plug the cymbal pad into the extra jack on the kick drum and assigning it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Plug the dodgy cymbal into the cymbal input and see what that does.

- I don't understand you saying that adjusting the volume makes no difference to the volume, though. If something's too loud, turn it down.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The volume is very low when hitting the bow, no matter how hard it's hit. Hitting the edge or bell is loud, no matter how hard they are hit. I've tried adjusting the volume settings in the dtx700 module, but nothing changes when striking the cymbal (even when swapping out cymbal pads and cables).

I plugged the ride cymbal into port #11 and was not able to map it to a ride cymbal (which I'm sure was user error). I tried the copy pad menu (copied 'ride' to 'port 11') but the ride made the same sound as when I first pugged it into port 11, which seems to be a steel drum sound. I exhausted everything I could try looking through the manual, and could just not change it to the ride cymbal sound, or any other sound for that matter. I fired up Superior Drummer 3 and was able to map it there, and it played much better. If I was the only one playing this kit, I would just leave it running through SD3. However, the other guy who plays it will most likely not use a DAW and I would like to fix the ride issue for him.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.