DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Esa
  2. EAD10
  3. Saturday, 22 February 2020
I would like to record EAD10's microphones, bass drum trigger and snare drum trigger (DT50S) and also two pads to my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.15.3) and to GarageBand application (10.3.4) so that mic, pads (triggers) would go to their own track.

Is it possible?

Using USB cable, I connected from EAD10's "To host" USB connector to my MacBook Pro USB port. Then I tried and succeeded recording to GarageBand, but the problem is that all the mic signal, pads and triggers are goes to the one and same track.

That is the problem.

It's enough for me if I can record only Midi information from pads/triggers, because whole other acoustic drums and cymbals I can traditionally recording with other microphones etc. equipment.

I tried also this, recording only Midi information, but I still have same problem, all triggers go to same track of the GarageBand.

I guess that I need a split each MIDI note to a different track to/with GarageBand? How can I do it?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey Esa,

It is possible to capture the mic audio and MIDI signal from the triggers separately.

Make sure you have two tracks open on Garageband - one software instrument channel (for the MIDI) and one audio channel (for the mics). To record the triggers and mic audio simultaneously, make sure you click on the "Record Enable" button on both tracks before recording (if it's not there, right click on the track to configure the track header).

For the software instrument track, you can assign an instrument of choice within Garageband.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thank you Ian for your answer.

How about this other problem: Is it possible to divide each trigger/pad (MIDI note) to own track to GarageBand? When I tried, all the triggers go to one track.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
You're welcome!

I don't think it is possible to record the MIDI from the EAD to two different tracks.

What you can do is make a duplicate track. Or copy and paste the MIDI notes you want to put on a new track.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.