DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Sam
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Wednesday, 04 March 2020
The bass drum pedal and kick pad make a lot of noise. I play an Alesis drumset at the music store that is an inferior kit in many ways but the bass pedal is super soft (and much easier to kick I might add). Is there a way to make it quieter? I'm talking about the actual acoustic noise it makes. It makes it so I need really good headphones or turn the amp way up to not be annoying.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Which kick? KP65?

I like the KP65 pads - I got pads from all sorts of people, but the KP65 is still my choice - live or rehearsals. Feel, obviously, is subjective.

Noise can be generated your acoustic kick pedal, the beater, the pad etc.

What beater are you using? This will make a difference to the noise level as well as the feel. Using a felt beater, for example, will make the overall sound quieter as well as making the feel "softer".

You can use any other kick pad or trigger - they're all just piezos - so a KP100 or KP125 from Yamaha will have a different noise profile and feel, or get the Alesis one you mentioned (just be ready with a screwdriver and soldering iron).

If noise is the main issue, consider a beaterless kick, like a KU100, or Roland KT9 or KT10.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Yes, I have KP65. Here is a pic of my pedal.
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D644099_07382366_0150543
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
There're a helpful vid from the Vdrum Tips YouTube channel about noise reduction-

Reducing Electronic Drum Noise

Like David said, the type of beater might help-

Roland KDB-200 Practice Kick Drum Beater

Ahead Vintage Boom Kick Bass Drum Beater

Tama Soft Sound Beater- Full Width
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.